Yup, walked in my graduation ceremony on Saturday - it was fabulous.
Then, back to work today.
As I was leaving, my boss asked to see me. So, I popped in - only to get my final check.
Apparently, I'm too "academic" for their vocational program and can't simplify things enough for their students. HUH? Seriously. I was just fired for being TOO smart. At a COLLEGE.
Is there something wrong w/ that picture, or what? *sigh*
The hardest part, I LOVED the job and what I did!!! I had no idea this was coming. But, I guess the other instructors felt I wasn't "dumbing down" the curriculum enough. (Yes, I had been asked to "dumb down" the information). No warning. Nothing.
Since school is coming to a close soon, I'm looking for some online jobs, etc to get me through the summer.
Oi.
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Congratulations, here's your pink slip.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
THat is absolutely ridiculous!!!! They could have at least given you a request to simplify what you were teaching!!!! I think that they must have all been intimidated by your intelligence!
My crazy smart math geek aunt had the same problem. It's insane that a COLLEGE can think you're over educated!
She did eventually find a job at a college in Wisconsin. A couple years ago she even got TENURE! So there's hope woman!
Seriously... that is LAME.
Post a Comment