In my job searching, I found an ad that stated "Overweight? Get paid to be part of a medical study." Ok, I'm poor. I have time. So I called. After a phone screening, physical, blood work and an echocardiogram - I have been accepted to the study. I'm bound to a confidentiality clause. What I can tell you is that it's a 1 year study of a potential diet drug being tested for a pharmecutical company. This is their 8th study, so they already have a good understanding of the side effects, etc.
In addition to the med, I get doctor visits and meetings with a dietician. We're going to do the whole new diet/lifestyle as a family. Including the exercise routines they give me. Yes, they pay me for each visit for my time and gas.
I just hope I don't get the placebo.
Oh, and don't google "guinnea pigs" pictures. Apparently, people eat them in many countries. ;)
Tuesday, June 17, 2008
I am now a lab rat
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow Congrats! I hope you don't get the placebo :) Or grow a third leg or something...LOL What a great opportunity!
If it works you'll have to tell me. Any help is welcome!!
Sweet! Either way it'll be a good thing for your guys though right? How can you lose when it's getting you to live healthier?
Nice. I should package whatever nasty virus I had and sell that. I moved two belt notches and I was only sick a week!
Post a Comment