Sunday, April 15, 2007

Hunting Widow

I knew full well going into this marriage that I was marrying a man who liked to hunt. Today marks the day of the beginning of the season. First up - turkeys!

Now, I was sitting and talking to Rob about his 'seasons' and what was coming up, etc. I then just looked at him and said, "It was great having you around this winter - I guess I'll see you next Christmas!"

That is a bit exaggerated, I mean - he has his limit for each animal. And, hopefully this is a GOOD year (unlike last year) and he gets them quickly. But between hunting animals and fishing this is one man who enjoys communing with nature.

I do hope he's sucessful and we can truly stock our freezer this year! And I will tell you this, that if the apocolypse does come during my lifetime - I sure married the right man so we can escape to the hills and live off the land. And if you're nice, you can come too. ;)

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Haven't you been watching Jericho? There will be no hills by you, sorry! lol!

So did he get anything?

{krista} said...

If he is anything like my brother in law... he will wait until the VERY last day to get his kill... no sense in getting it the first day since there will be no reason to hunt the rest of the time!