... of being the fat one.
All my life I've always been heavy. Well, except when I was little, if you look at the toddler pictures of my sister and I, she was actually the more rolly-polly one.
I remember hitting 100 lbs in 6th grade and being teased.
I remember asking my parents if I could go to fat camp over the summer in middle school.
I remember begging my mom NOT to buy chips for the house. Candy for me for holidays, etc. Because I had no will-power. If it was there, I was going to eat it.
I'm tired of seeing myself in pictures and shuddering.
I'm just TIRED!
So, it's going to be hard, but I'm working on doing a major lifestyle change. I'm on day 2 without caffiene, and just 1 120z can of soda a day.
I went to the gym today and swam for 30 minutes. 10 sets of 100 yds. 1,000 yds. That's 33.33 yards a minute. My cardio was horrible, I was gasping for air. But I did it. I will continue to do it 3x a week.
I have two months until my family goes to Hawaii, and while I'll still be the heaviest gal in the family, I won't be THIS heavy anymore.
I'm DONE!
So, what are you tired of? And because I've always said that you're more than welcome to vent and whine if you're actually going to DO something about it - what do you plan to do?
Tuesday, April 10, 2007
I'm Tired...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
i'm right there with you, tl ... but i'm from the opposite end. i was always the skinny one - until i had kids. now, i am the 'fluffy' one. and i want to lose weight so badly! apparently the weight likes me ... let's do it together, ok? whatcha doing to start?
J, why in the WORLD do I have a hard time believing that you're fluffy? ;)
I'm hitting the gym, cutting back my soda and caffeine intake, drinking lots and lots of water, and doing an internal detox. How 'bout you?
i am going to make michael hit the gym WITH me - that way we both have a commitment, kwim? i'm drinking TONS of water, eating more veggies, and not buying sweets - cuz if they're in the house, i eat them. whether or not i want them. i eat them. it's bad, bad, BAD!!
and yeah, i AM fluffy. but not for long, i hope!! wanna start e-mailing and talking about our food journals and exercise logs?
Sounds good J, I'll email ya. I need good ideas, too!
You can do it! I so understand the frustration, I am one of the laziest and eat everything in front of me person, and if I can do it you can, I'm right there with you. {{{hugs}}}
Post a Comment