Wednesday, August 22, 2007

More Radio Contest Antics

Remember me and my radio contests?

I won today. A Backpack and a $50 gift cert to an outlet mall.

I'm also in the running for the grandprize for $1,000 gift cert, will find out on Monday.

The contest?

Tell about your worst back to school experience.

My story was that I had always battled a weight problem and in order to encourage me to lose weight had bought me a bunch of great clothes in smaller sizes. She wouldn't get me anything else. On the first day, the pants were so tight they split while getting on the bus... and to "encourage" she wouldn't bring me anything else. Since it was the first day of school, there was no lost and found to loot.

They felt so sad for me. But were glad I was not repeating my errors w/ my kids.

Ok, I embelished. A LOT! But, they've mentioned before in other contests that it's entertainment and about ratings and they know people embelish.

And hey! I won! I'll let you know on Friday if I win the big one!! :D

you can listen online in the am at http://www.1051thebuzz.com

1 comment:

Victoria said...

You da woman!! Congrats!! :)