
I have big feet. Size 11. Yup, I'm only 5'6 1/2". God bless my Scandinavian ancestry. There are perks of the large bone structure, but we won't discuss them here.
Because of my big feet - which are also wide. It has made it very hard over the years to find shoes. I love fun shoes (even if I hate to wear them - odd, I know) yet often if they fit me in width, they're too long. If they fit in length, they cram my toesies together.
This tight shoe problem has caused me to have ugly feet. My pinkie toes are hunchback and literally lay on their side underneath the toe next to it. My big toes have the nails grow back around, curving on the sides. (See, pedicures are a necessity to avoid hangnails, infections, etc - NOT just a nice luxury.)
Anyway - here's my foot. Not a great picture. But then, it's not a great foot.
The point of this blog? Not much. Just more physical evidence that I have icky genes. HOW my kids got to be so cute, I'll never know. I'm hoping the Irish or Italian genes got to my daughter. For her feets sake.
Saturday, October 20, 2007
Feet
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i feel your pain! i have weird feet too - fat square ones ... and itty bitty baby toenails. and 3 of my kids have NO arch like their daddy. we have no hope to have pretty feet.
WOW! I have the biggest feet of all my siblings, 8 1/2, but I'm also the tallest. They are normal feet, though, nothing spectacular.
Now dh's grandma, she had horrendous feet, they were scary, with toenails that would scare you to death, and Ishee has her great granny's toenails... it's just frightening.
Don't feel bad. I have a similar problem. My feet are so wide that I can NEVER find cute girly heels that fit. And last time I bought running shoes the salesman finally gave up trying to find girls shoes and told me my best bet were guys running shoes. And to top if off, my family has always made fun of my feet. They call them "the hobbit feet".
Post a Comment