As I was obsessed with the hunt for the elusive bag of crap during the most recent woot off I was twittering my facebook status constantly (wow, do you need that sentence translated?) I learned that most people had no idea what I was talking about.
Ok - my dad introduced me to this website called Woot a few years ago. Each day at midnight, central time, they place a new product up for sale. There is some unknown limited number of items of the product available. You can only purchase up to 3 of any item, and shipping (no matter HOW many you get) is always $5. There are some amazing deals on there, as well as some silly, geeky things.
Ok - my dad introduced me to this website called Woot a few years ago. Each day at midnight, central time, they place a new product up for sale. There is some unknown limited number of items of the product available. You can only purchase up to 3 of any item, and shipping (no matter HOW many you get) is always $5. There are some amazing deals on there, as well as some silly, geeky things.
Every now and then (usually once a month) they have a woot off. As soon as the number of items has been purchased, they move to another item. You can find some really killer deals.
This is a bag of crap. They call it that, because you have NO idea what will be in it. You will get a box and they will fill it up of random stuff that has previously been for sale. Maybe it's a 52" TV, maybe it's a screaming monkey or leak frog. I google image searched, and found some people sharing what they had received in their bags of crap.



Well - after all my watching and hoping - I was ACTUALLY online the minute the woot switched to a bag of crap. And what happend? The server was too busy for me and I wasn't able to purchase any. It's just sad, and dissapointing.
Oh, and a bag of crap is $1 - and you can purchase up to $3. So, see those boxes? Cost them $8. NOW you see why they're so coveting.
BOC (bag of crap) hunting is almost like looking for snipes or for Sasquatch.
4 comments:
What a fun idea. Thanks for finally explaining the bag of crap :)
So how do you know when it's time for the bag of crap? I check woot every day, love it, but I've never seen the bag of crap before!
Well, that explains your "crap"py facebook posts, lol!
I've wanted one of those too! Damn elusive things!!
Post a Comment