Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I love contests!

My local radio station always has these contests and it's actually VERY easy to get on the air. I often call and make silly comments, etc.

I actually had WON one for Thanksgiving, but didn't accept because I had embelished the story a little bit just to get on the air thinking it was funny. Anyway.

In honor of the season finale of The Office, they're doing a contest. If you get on the air with your story of an inappropriate boss then you're in the running for $500 and a new laptop! So, I call in - and I got on!

The story...Facility manager of a telemarketing firm while I was in college (Marketing Ally - Cedar City branch) was my boss and a good friend. I was running HR and Training. We were going through a mass hiring, as often happened, and I was also finishing up my senior year of school with 18 credit hours and a thesis - stress was my middle name.

SO, I come in one day and start rifiling through the applications to call interviewees. I look at one, and do a double take. He had filled out an application and made it bogus. For example, one previous job he had put......












Crack Whore
Corner of Center and Main
Job duties: sex for crack
Skills: (you don't want to know)

The DJ's LOVED it. I think I was the only one so far who's "inappropriate" story wasn't sexual in nature.Of course, the producer told me that i wasn't allowed to tell the other story because there were kids listening. ahem He would change the wallpaper on my computer to autopsy photos of people who had blown their head off, etc and password protect it. The password. "crack whore"

I actually did stuff back to this boss. Like the time I gave him a VERY unique screen saver and password protected it so he had to PAGE me to find it out. lol

I'll find out on Friday if I win! Here's the station - check them out http://www.1051thebuzz.com

4 comments:

ADDollhouse said...

TOO FUNNY! Good luck!

Unknown said...

If you are a Crack Whore, in Cedar, on the corner of Center and Main; then you really have more issues that I care to think.

Teri Le said...

ROFL Glen - no kidding. Maybe that's why she submitted an application for telemarketing??? lol

The Prices said...

I am laughing so hard!! I miss Marketing Ally and all the antics there. We definitely didn't have problems with our boss being PC all the time!!