I spent an unusual amount of money today. On ME!
I never do this. I won't think about dropping money on shoes for the kids, clothes, etc. On things my husband wants or needs. But I generally don't buy things for me.
But, I've been frustrated lately. I focus on losing weight - and I gain weight. My clothes are too tight. I noticed this as the weather has gotten warmer and I have NO summer clothes. (I had been losing weight and got rid of everything in this size when I moved last year.) At first I stressed and tried to lose instead of buying more clothes. But that didn't work.
And then I decided. I deserve to look good and FEEL good, no matter what size I am!
So, I got my hair done. A perm. I've been thinking of it for a couple of years now. I'm just tired of my stringy stringy hair that doesn't hold a style and is a pain to do. I'm not sure if I like it, she cut it a bit shorter than I had thought. It'll take some getting used to. But I DO like how my hair looks "done" even if I haven't done anything to it!!
I also bought some clothes. Not a LOT - but a couple pairs of shorts and 3 tops. We're going to Hawaii in 2 weeks with my family. And while I didn't want to be this big in the family pictures, at least I won't look like a Goodwill reject!
And can I just say how grateful I am for an amazing husband that will watch the kids for hours on end while I go and do things for me. He actually ENCOURAGES me to do this. I'm very blessed.
But it got me to thinking. How often do we as parents, spouses, siblings and friends often put ourself last so often and forget to take care of ourselves? Some may consider it selfish, but we need to make sure we nurture ourselves so that we are better able to help others.
Have a great weekend. Take a nap today - you deserve it!
Saturday, June 2, 2007
Selfish
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good for you! And your last statement is SO true!
Have fun in Hawaii!!!
Post a Comment