Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Unemployed

For the firswt time in my life, I was terminated from a job. Never mind that the company has a history of just getting rid of someone, even if there is absolutely no history of discipline in the file. I really don't care - I was looking for a new position anyway.

I DO care about the terms on which I left. I've always had a good relationship with past employeers. Blah.

However, I have some good opportunities.

1) Offered adjunct faculty job to teach college courses at night.
2) Interviewed for a good position at another school, waiting to hear about a second interview
3) At least a 2-week position helping someone start a new business doing sales/marketing/pr. This is part-time, and from home.

I've realized that I need to make good money, but I also really want to be around for the kids. I'm tired of leaving the house at 6:30am and not getting home until 5 or 6pm. I'm tired of traffic. And, I'm tired of the stress.

So, for the time being - I'm focusing on the kids, my schooling and some PT work.

LIfe sure is silly.

1 comment:

The Prices said...

Where was it that you worked? It sounds like they aren't a very good company to work for if they fire people like that. Good luck getting something even better!!!