
I feel very alone lately. It's amazing how in a world surrounded by people we can be so isolated.
I had a Scentsy party last night. I thought it would be a great way to really have time to talk and visit and get to know people in my ward a bit more. I've been here about a year and a half and really don't have any friends. (Being in nursery doesn't help a lot, but I do try to go to RS activities, etc).
ONE person showed up. It really hurt. I don't care if people BUY or not - but it felt like a slap in the face. Like they don't want to come to my house, etc.
I realized I have no FRIENDS here. None. Zero. Zilch. No one to call up and visit with who lives nearby. No one to have a girl's night with. I didn't have any in California, either. Well - I thought I had a couple, but once I moved I don't ever hear from them anymore. And after a few un-returned calls or emails, I stop trying.
I know I've never been one to really develop close, deep, in-person friends. Probably because I'm a pain in the butt. But, I could use one or two. And I don't know what to do.
Saturday, December 8, 2007
Lonely
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I feel for you!! My husband doesn't let me do parties like that anymore because I usually end up sobbing because no one shows up!! I think of myself as a really friendly person, but for some reason I have a hard time having people show up for parties. Don't let it get you down. I think you are awesome and more importantly your husband and kids do. And that is all the matters after all!
Oh TL! I'm so sorry! FWIW, that is ONE of the reason's I don't do "parties". But then again, I'm not one to go to party's where I "feel" like I have to buy stuff when I just don't have the money allocated for it, if you kwim.
((((HUGS)))
You should start rumors about being "easy". I've heard that's a great way to make friends. ;-)
OK, seriously, you can't judge your popularity by home parties. Lots of people won't come because they don't want to buy things and don't want to hurt your feelings when they don't buy stuff. I think we've all had parties where no one shows up. It's harsh.
I think most people have a hard time making friends and feeling like they fit in. Just being polite and putting on that happy face makes a big difference. I often bribe people with brownies too. And if you put a sedative in the brownies it forces people to have a sleepover. Just a tip. :-)
Post a Comment