Sunday, March 30, 2008

Favorite Times of the Day

I have two times of the day that I look forward to - every day.

First - the daily shower. I don't care if I'm sick, not going anywhere, or about to go out to get grubby in the garden. I take a shower every morning. I swear that the hot water in the shower is the 'on' button to my brain. And when I say hot, I mean HOT!! I can easily use up ALL of the hot water in the house in one shower. We'll definitely have to invest in a tankless heater once we own a home.

The shower revitalizes me, wakes me up and for those 10 minutes each morning -the rest of the world ceases to exist. It's hard to get OUT of the shower. And doesn't that one below just look HEAVENLY?




















Second - Bedtime. Not mine. Theirs. I adore them, I really do. But that quiet time after they go to sleep. It's heavenly. And once I am done with this master's, I can actually use that time to READ again. I remember a time when I was able to read more than textbooks and trying to figure out APA sources. I think...

2 comments:

{krista} said...

Oh, TL, you are a girl after my own heart!!!

Denise said...

Oh, that picture is adorable! And I have to agree, the shower is great (because it blocks out the screams, rofl) and when the kids are all finally in bedtime, I call those the golden hours. The only time all day that I get entirely to myself. Ahhhhhh.