Monday, March 10, 2008

A New Beginning - again

So, the sales job didn't work out so well. I really did enjoy it, however the market here is tough, and I need a full-time income. I NEED health insurance (I haven't had it since D was born 6 years ago!) I had begun searching for something more steady back in November/December.

I had applied for several college teaching positions, but hadn't heard anything back. Guess they actually want my master's completed and a bit more experience.

THEN - I found a local vocational school that was hiring. What started out as a Resource specialist/tying instructor position has become a BRAND new position and I get to build and create a department.

Now, the EASY thing is that the lady before me basically sat in the back and had the students do the 'on-your-own' keyboarding lessons, then give really bad advice (when they could find her) on resumes/cover letters.

But, because of my experience and background, we're completely throwing out the old model, and I'm redesigning the curriculum, room, and purpose. It's a fabulous opportunity, and I'm excited. PLUS - when you come in after someone that did nothing - just about anything you do looks good.

So, um, I'd better get back to work... ;)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Congrats! I'm sure you will do great!

{krista} said...

A new job is always exciting. I'm glad it's working out, too. Good luck!!!

The Prices said...

That sounds like a perfect job for you. Congratulations!!