Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My Cabbage Soup Week


Ok, I KNOW this isn't a long-term diet solution. I just needed to do SOMETHING to get my body and mind on track. I'm considering this more of a week-long cleanse than a 'diet'. Here's the Cabbage Soup Diet plan that I'm following this week.

What I like about it, is that I'm not hungry!! And I'm learning to go for fruits and vegetables instead of chips, popcorn, etc. Although, today is day two and i am missing carbs. Thank heavens I get a baked potato tonight!

Plus, I'm now on day 4 of no caffeine. I can give it up whenever, I just LIKE it. lol And I need to get used to NOT drinking it as my always drink, but as a treat.

Before I get lectures on health and nutrition, sometimes getting on the right road requires a jumpstart. And THIS is it. It's a week to retrain my brain and get me going on the right path for a full lifestyle change.

I will do some daily updates, on how it's going, though. Oh, and I didn't weigh in. And I won't. I will weigh in at my weight study once a month. :D

Today - I am CRAVING some carbs. I bought some chips for the kids lunches, and right now it's hard for me to not go eat them. I'm not HUNGRY, just craving. I will savor my potato tonight, that's for sure.

2 comments:

Tyler Jorgenson said...

It doesn't look too yummy, but it's true a jump start can help. My jump start was a couple of hospital stays, so I think yours is pretty good.

Lisa said...

Good luck. I did this about a year ago and lasted about midway into day 3. I couldn't take it any more!