I've always been one for goals, and plans. Yeah, they change. But I like having one. And for the past year I haven't had one, so it's been bugging me. (Rob says I think too much)
Working this summer has been ICKY for me. I miss having summers off. Work is good, but not where I want to be long term.
So, I've decided. AFTER this master's is done, I'm going to take the summer off, then head back and get a second one - in counseling. Not sure if I'm going to focus on school counseling or what.
My hope is to get a job in a school, focusing on kids w/ special needs, etc.
Then take a couple years of school. Work to build up my resume. Then head for a PhD in social work/social inequality and PSU (portland state). I'd love to work on educational theory and curriculum development for special education and alternative education.
Sound exciting??
What are YOUR plans?
Saturday, July 14, 2007
5 year plans
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good grief! Is it okay if I have a 5-day plan? A 5-hour plan? My 5-year plan involves getting my youngest into full-day school so I can finally be sane again, lol.
That's something to think about. I'd really like to write, and it's so hard with littles at home. maybe that should be part of my 5-yr plan? I like that idea.
Post a Comment